Dhumashi is a book of recipes co-authored by Aishath Ali Naaz and Soba Ahmed and is a result of sharing a kitchen for over an year. The book has over a hundred maldivian recipes in it.
Gabulhi Faroshi Boakiba
3 cups faroshi powder (rusk powder)
200 grams butter
200 grams sugar
10 almonds (cut lengthwise)
4 drops almond essence
1 cup grated young coconut (gabulhi)
1/2 cup fresh milk
1. Beat butter and sugar. Add the eggs and beat thoroughly
2. Add the faroshi or dry rusk powder. Gently Mix.
3. Add the milk, grated young coconut and almond essence.
4. Grease a baking tray and pour the mixture. Smoothen the top and spread the almond on top.
5. Bake in a preheated oven.
6. Cut into pieces and serve.
I am sure you will love this! My family did!
Read more recipes: https://dhumashi.wordpress.com/